When you are out hunting for a right person or company to test your software before you can use in your business, you are bound to look out for an excellent software testing company. Here are some of the other factors to consider apart from just the reputation of the company:
- Experience – Note how experienced they are in this field. Sometimes companies that are really good at what they do, do not market themselves and as a result don’t get rated online. As a result, you will not see their name show up on you search results.
- Ask Around – Ask other companies such as allied companies or friends and find out about small and medium sized software testing companies as well. Also, you will get an honest feedback from these people as you are known to them. This will save you a lot of time and money as you will not be wasting them on companies that have been tried and rejected by people known to you.
- The Team – Get to know the team that will be working on your software. It should comprise of a well qualified engineer who has a good knowledge base and sufficient experience. This will ensure your software testing is not used as a testing or training ground for the staff of that company.
- The Cost – Cost is one of the most important factors to be considered when you hire any service. Different professionals charge differently for the same set of services. Ask around, do your research and find out the charges for a few companies. This will give you an idea as to what is the going rate and what is the amount you need to set aside in your company budget for software testing.
- New Vs. Old – You need not go only to an old or well established software testing company. Many new engineers are starting such businesses on their own and they are very talented. Sometimes hiring a new brain will work out for you as they will be keen to establish a name for themselves, and do everything possible to avoid errors. This can be advantageous to you and your company.